Thursday, August 30, 2018

Test Swatches

I broke down and cast on with my new needles!  I am just doing some test swatches for now to see which needles I need for my next project.  I am loving these needles!  They are so slick and smooth, and also very lightweight!  It makes me want the next level ones even more now!

I don't always do swatches, it just really depends on what the project is.  I had to do a swatch for a blanket I'm doing which normally I wouldn't worry too much about a blanket, but this is a kit so I want to make sure I don't run out of yarn.  The project I will be casting on with the yarn I just swatched is going to be a cardigan so size is super important.

 Now, I am planning on using the grey in the cardigan but in order for me to be able to know which is which I just used the same type of yarn, same brand, but different colors.  I am using Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn in sport weight.  It's washable and so soft.  It's also very budget friendly. 

I do have an absolutely fabulous knit that I made with a super yummy squishy cashmere blend that is hand wash only that is going to be a gift next month.  I can't wait to show that off!  It was so much fun to work with this yarn, just how soft and wonderful it felt! 

And I still couldn't find the link for the needle set, it may be discontinued but if you look around at your local Hobby Lobby, if you're lucky enough to be near one, you may find it and even use your 40% off coupon with it!

Here's what the packaging looks like outside that shows which needles it has and what cords come with it.  I love that there are four pins to help connect the cords!  So hopefully I will be able to get some good work done casting on the cardigan over the last part of the weekend since I work Friday and Saturday night this weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment