Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Two socks and a hat

So I can’t even believe how much I’ve been able to accomplish this month so far!  I have finished two socks, they’re different patterns, and a hat!
I am currently working on both second socks to try and avoid having just one...especially since one of the socks is for my older son.  He saw and tried the first sock on and not only does it fit perfectly but he absolutely loves it.  So he's very happy when he sees me working away on the second sock. 
I'm hoping to have it finished before the end of the month to enter them into the GG KAL, and fingers crossed maybe get one of their always amazing prizes.
I was hoping to cast on another project this weekend, but just found out that somehow I don't have the correct needle size 😮.  Looks like I will be waiting until I work, hopefully soon, and get paid to grab the right size.  I haven't decided if I want the 4" interchangeable Chiagoo to just go into my set or try out another type of needle in a 16".  I'm leaning toward the Chiagoo because I will probably get more use out of it if I can put any size cord on it, we'll see. 
I am also working on a hat for my dad since he loved the scarf I made him for Christmas so much. And its actually been cold enough to wear it too!  Our weather has been such a roller coaster, it was almost 70 yesterday and we had sleet/ice today...I'm over it.  I absolutely never mind it being cold and having seasons, I would just prefer not to have more than one in 24 hours.
And yesterday I totally stepped outside my comfort zone in a big way and made a podcast, it's not very long and it may be the only one I'll ever do if nobody subscribes or watches.  But that's ok, since I started watching GG and my love for knitting keeps growing I have thought about doing my own podcast as a way to just talk about it.  My family always listens to me but I want to reach out and talk to other people who get just as excited as I do about different yarns and projects!  So if you feel like checking it out please do!  Meg Knits should take you to my channel. 
Hope you're having a wonderful day and until next time when hopefully I'll have two pairs of finished socks!!
https://www.ravelry.com/projects/Meghankelly2181/dragon

https://www.ravelry.com/projects/Meghankelly2181/my-favorite-vanilla-socks
https://www.ravelry.com/projects/Meghankelly2181/my-cup-of-tea-socks


No comments:

Post a Comment