Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Joining KALs

So I still have one last Christmas project to finish up, it was giving me some fits yesterday and it got put in a small time out.  I am going to grab it out and try to work it out during nap time today.
But I’ve never been good at doing one thing at a time so I started two sets of socks 🤷🏻‍♀️.
In my Purl Together group we are doing a KAL (Knit a long) using the My Cup of Tea socks. https://www.ravelry.com/projects/Meghankelly2181/my-cup-of-tea-socks
Then I just discovered Grocery Girls on You Tube and I want to watch all the episodes!  They’re so funny and showcase some absolutely beautiful yarn and amazing patterns.  So I’ve been taking notes and adding to my ever growing Raverly wish list and queue.  They are doing a year long KAL with socks!  So socks are perfect to knit where I live since it’s pretty warm/hot most of the year.  This months sock theme is Local to You.  So you have to either use a local designer or yarn.  I just went to my yarn store earlier this month and didn’t even realize that I have a yarn that’s been locally dyed.  It is a lace weight yarn so it’s a pretty thin sock but I will be reinforcing the heel and toe, especially since they’re going to my older son who’s 9.  I don’t expect them to last long but he asked me to make some for him so I just have to do it! They’re some simple plain vanilla socks, no pattern, which makes for easy knitting during the day 🙂.
https://www.ravelry.com/projects/Meghankelly2181/my-favorite-vanilla-socks
I’m using new needles for them and I’m not sure I’m totally loving them 🤔. They’re Knitters Pride Karbonz.  They’re actually very nice needles but it may be the needle/yarn combination so I will try them again with a different yarn.

If you’ve ever knit with them I’d love to hear your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment