Friday, January 11, 2019

Epic Fail and Retail Therapy

Well I was so excited about this cardigan that I was making for my mom.  I don't know if she reads this or not but I told her about it this morning.  So I was so excited, I bought the pattern for the Campside Cardi and got some yarn from Hobby Lobby and got to work.  It was coming up so well, until the sleeves 😱.  It is now such a disaster and I'm so sad about it.  I've taken it off the needles and put it aside.  I am trying to figure out what went wrong, and yes I actually swatched.  The swatch was just a hair big, which I was ok with.  My mom and I both like wearing hoodies and such and we like it to be bigger.  So then I got to the sleeves and they're so small :( I couldn't even get it on with a tee shirt, so...that's def not going to work. 
The good news is the pattern is still mine forever and I am for sure going to try it again and maybe get some nicer yarn for it.  I know it was totally a mistake on my end, it's a wonderfully written pattern!

I did do a little retail therapy to make me happy, so I went over to Knit Picks and grabbed a few of their Capretta Superwash which I'm so excited to feel.  It's a 80% Superwash fine Merino, 10% Nylon and.....10% Cashmere!!!  Cashmere is such a dream to work with, its so soft and I love it!
Two of the socks I'm currently working on have cashmere in them and its so wonderful to work with!  One is for my older son and one may actually be for me...we'll see! 

I did also buy two patterns, one of which will be a surprise (just in case my mom does read this) and the other is a cabled sock pattern that may be a little complicated but looks amazing!  It's a Heidi Nick design, Margaret's Passion.  Looks amazing, and even if I don't use it right now I really want to do them!  I have been finding so many wonderful designers and yarn dyers from Grocery Girls I really need to win the lottery! 

So let me know if you've bought anything fun that I should check out!  I am always needing more patterns and of course more yarn!

No comments:

Post a Comment