Friday, May 18, 2012

Quilts for Kids

Just heard of an amazing program that Downy is a part of, Quilts for Kids. They have been around for a few years but I am hearing about them for the first time.  They are a group that helps make quilts for children in need, little kiddos in hospitals.  Their mission statement is: Transforming discontinued, unwanted and other fabrics into patchwork quilts that comfort children with life-threatening illnesses and children of abuse.
How awesome is that?  I haven't created a quilt yet, but in a few weeks I will be attempting my first.  You don't even have to cut your fabric, you can request a kit be sent to you here.  I just ordered mine a few minutes ago and will be waiting not so patiently for mine to arrive in the mail.  I am going to see if I can copy the fabric cuts with my own stash and come up with at least one more to send off along with the one that comes in the kit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment